As hip-hop heads, we often enjoy stirring up debate by pitting rappers, groups, and labels against each other. While we might view artists as competitors, it’s all love between most rappers, who are all part of one big family. For example, though he is MMG’s head honcho, Rick Ross took time out of his busy schedule to create 50 Plates, a cut off YMCMB’s July compilation album, Rich Gang. Despite the difference in affiliation, Ross turns in a strong performance on the mic, showcasing his boisterous, powerful flow over The Mekanics and Spiff TV‘s trap-informed beat. There is plenty more where 50 Plates came from on Rich Gang (the album), out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.