As hip-hop heads, we often enjoy stirring up debate by pitting rappers, groups, and labels against each other. While we might view artists as competitors, it’s all love between most rappers, who are all part of one big family. For example, though he is MMG’s head honcho, Rick Ross took time out of his busy schedule to create 50 Plates, a cut off YMCMB’s July compilation album, Rich Gang. Despite the difference in affiliation, Ross turns in a strong performance on the mic, showcasing his boisterous, powerful flow over The Mekanics and Spiff TV‘s trap-informed beat. There is plenty more where 50 Plates came from on Rich Gang (the album), out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/3/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.