Quick show of hands, who is excited for the new Tarantino movie Django Unchained? If your hand isn’t raised, you might want to check your pulse, because how could you not be pumped to see Jamie Foxx, who plays a freed slave, try to rescue his wife from a Mississippi plantation owner? Epic right?! For such an epic movie it is only fitting that the soundtrack be equally awesome. The first single off the project comes courtesy of Rick Ross, who brings us 100 Black Coffins, a gritty track that foreshadows the bloodshed to come in the film. Jamie Foxx, the star of the film, also produced the beat. The versatile singer/actor/comedian/producer cooks up a western inspired production, which captures the essence of the flick while modernizing the style. Django Unchained will be releases to theaters on December 25, a week after the official motion picture soundtrack hits stores.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/2/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.