Quick show of hands, who is excited for the new Tarantino movie Django Unchained? If your hand isn’t raised, you might want to check your pulse, because how could you not be pumped to see Jamie Foxx, who plays a freed slave, try to rescue his wife from a Mississippi plantation owner? Epic right?! For such an epic movie it is only fitting that the soundtrack be equally awesome. The first single off the project comes courtesy of Rick Ross, who brings us 100 Black Coffins, a gritty track that foreshadows the bloodshed to come in the film. Jamie Foxx, the star of the film, also produced the beat. The versatile singer/actor/comedian/producer cooks up a western inspired production, which captures the essence of the flick while modernizing the style. Django Unchained will be releases to theaters on December 25, a week after the official motion picture soundtrack hits stores.
Maybach Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whip It ft. Rick Ross" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.