Let it be known: Rick Gonzalez is carrying out an Inquisition of the whack in Hip-Hop and he will spare no clown. Where you see brutality, the Bushwick emcee and actor is simply out to get a rep on his new single, Never Left. The ease and comfort in his deliberate flow makes him sound nicer than he lets on. And correct me if I’m wrong: after you reconsider the spliced strings by producer Dan Freeman, you wouldn’t be mad at all if an unofficial, fan made video with the single edited into The Matrix* somehow, became the official one. While I wait for one to pop up on Youtube, you can look forward to more music from Mr. Gonzalez on May 13, with his new project, Between The Stars.
*Go ahead and watch it on MUTE while Never Left plays.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't F**k With Me" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.