Let it be known: Rick Gonzalez is carrying out an Inquisition of the whack in Hip-Hop and he will spare no clown. Where you see brutality, the Bushwick emcee and actor is simply out to get a rep on his new single, Never Left. The ease and comfort in his deliberate flow makes him sound nicer than he lets on. And correct me if I’m wrong: after you reconsider the spliced strings by producer Dan Freeman, you wouldn’t be mad at all if an unofficial, fan made video with the single edited into The Matrix* somehow, became the official one. While I wait for one to pop up on Youtube, you can look forward to more music from Mr. Gonzalez on May 13, with his new project, Between The Stars.
*Go ahead and watch it on MUTE while Never Left plays.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't F**k With Me" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.