Let it be known: Rick Gonzalez is carrying out an Inquisition of the whack in Hip-Hop and he will spare no clown. Where you see brutality, the Bushwick emcee and actor is simply out to get a rep on his new single, Never Left. The ease and comfort in his deliberate flow makes him sound nicer than he lets on. And correct me if I’m wrong: after you reconsider the spliced strings by producer Dan Freeman, you wouldn’t be mad at all if an unofficial, fan made video with the single edited into The Matrix* somehow, became the official one. While I wait for one to pop up on Youtube, you can look forward to more music from Mr. Gonzalez on May 13, with his new project, Between The Stars.
*Go ahead and watch it on MUTE while Never Left plays.
Written by Bryan H on 05/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't F**k With Me" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.