Even the best-matched couples can benefit from the occasional night apart. The ladies of RichGirl understand this perfectly, but it seems nobody else in their favorite spot does; sick of having to deal with all the “break-up rumors,” Audra, Seven, Brave, and Lyndriette let them know that they’re still true as ever—the only reason “He Ain’t Wit Me Now” is that they’re enjoying a girls’ night out! Label boss and producer Rich Harrison enhances the ladies’ vocals with a solid percussion-brass-cello (yes, cello) combination, delivering an NFL Films-esque instrumental that may have listeners breaking out their best John Facenda impressions. Though RichGirl’s self-titled debut has no current release date, that may change once He Ain’t Wit Me Now (Tho) has had a chance to make its mark on the Billboard charts.
Written by Burmy on 06/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"24 Inches ft. Bun B" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.