Even the best-matched couples can benefit from the occasional night apart. The ladies of RichGirl understand this perfectly, but it seems nobody else in their favorite spot does; sick of having to deal with all the “break-up rumors,” Audra, Seven, Brave, and Lyndriette let them know that they’re still true as ever—the only reason “He Ain’t Wit Me Now” is that they’re enjoying a girls’ night out! Label boss and producer Rich Harrison enhances the ladies’ vocals with a solid percussion-brass-cello (yes, cello) combination, delivering an NFL Films-esque instrumental that may have listeners breaking out their best John Facenda impressions. Though RichGirl’s self-titled debut has no current release date, that may change once He Ain’t Wit Me Now (Tho) has had a chance to make its mark on the Billboard charts.
Written by Burmy on 06/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"24 Inches ft. Bun B" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.