Since this is his DJBooth debut, you can’t blame me for not knowing much about Rich Quick. All I (and you) need to know is that Quick has a co-sign from the legendary Tim Armstrong of Rancid and The Transplants; that makes him a winner in my book. An energetic, fun cut like Travelin’ Man (STREECE Remix) doesn’t hurt his resumé either. Quick exhibits a smooth, charismatic delivery with an infectious, feel-good vibe over the charming STREECE beat. Adding some diversity to the cut, Reef The Lost Cauze and Rakka Iriscience (of Dilated Peoples) hop on the mic to showcase their distinctly-pitched, but similarly charismatic flows. Believe it or not (considering the name of the project), there are plenty more vibrant cuts to be found on Quick’s Sad Songz EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Foundation" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.