Since this is his DJBooth debut, you can’t blame me for not knowing much about Rich Quick. All I (and you) need to know is that Quick has a co-sign from the legendary Tim Armstrong of Rancid and The Transplants; that makes him a winner in my book. An energetic, fun cut like Travelin’ Man (STREECE Remix) doesn’t hurt his resumé either. Quick exhibits a smooth, charismatic delivery with an infectious, feel-good vibe over the charming STREECE beat. Adding some diversity to the cut, Reef The Lost Cauze and Rakka Iriscience (of Dilated Peoples) hop on the mic to showcase their distinctly-pitched, but similarly charismatic flows. Believe it or not (considering the name of the project), there are plenty more vibrant cuts to be found on Quick’s Sad Songz EP, available now on iTunes.
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Foundation" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.