Since this is his DJBooth debut, you can’t blame me for not knowing much about Rich Quick. All I (and you) need to know is that Quick has a co-sign from the legendary Tim Armstrong of Rancid and The Transplants; that makes him a winner in my book. An energetic, fun cut like Travelin’ Man (STREECE Remix) doesn’t hurt his resumé either. Quick exhibits a smooth, charismatic delivery with an infectious, feel-good vibe over the charming STREECE beat. Adding some diversity to the cut, Reef The Lost Cauze and Rakka Iriscience (of Dilated Peoples) hop on the mic to showcase their distinctly-pitched, but similarly charismatic flows. Believe it or not (considering the name of the project), there are plenty more vibrant cuts to be found on Quick’s Sad Songz EP, available now on iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/21/13
Born in New Jersey and based in Philly, Rich Quick is one East Coaster to keep your eye (and ear) on in the weeks and months ahead. Why? Look no further than his newly-released Sad Songz EP, which is available for stream here...
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Foundation" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)