Real, Rugged and Raw—three adjectives that almost always bode well, when applied to a hip-hop record. Rich Quick‘s latest feature, of course, is no exception to that rule. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted single finds the Garden State spitter (and freestyle series alum) touting his impeccable mic skills over the classic samples and synth-bass blurts of project collaborator Divine Drummah. Though braggadocio is the overacrching theme, the artist admits to being starstruck by the rarefied company he’s been keeping lately: “I cannot believe I done shot the breeze with hot emcees who suddenly respect me and acknowledge me.” Fans will be able to find this record, as well as collaborations with many more Jersey notables, on Drummah’s GAS N REEFAH LP, dropping digitally this summer.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)