Real, Rugged and Raw—three adjectives that almost always bode well, when applied to a hip-hop record. Rich Quick‘s latest feature, of course, is no exception to that rule. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted single finds the Garden State spitter (and freestyle series alum) touting his impeccable mic skills over the classic samples and synth-bass blurts of project collaborator Divine Drummah. Though braggadocio is the overacrching theme, the artist admits to being starstruck by the rarefied company he’s been keeping lately: “I cannot believe I done shot the breeze with hot emcees who suddenly respect me and acknowledge me.” Fans will be able to find this record, as well as collaborations with many more Jersey notables, on Drummah’s GAS N REEFAH LP, dropping digitally this summer.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.