Real, Rugged and Raw—three adjectives that almost always bode well, when applied to a hip-hop record. Rich Quick‘s latest feature, of course, is no exception to that rule. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted single finds the Garden State spitter (and freestyle series alum) touting his impeccable mic skills over the classic samples and synth-bass blurts of project collaborator Divine Drummah. Though braggadocio is the overacrching theme, the artist admits to being starstruck by the rarefied company he’s been keeping lately: “I cannot believe I done shot the breeze with hot emcees who suddenly respect me and acknowledge me.” Fans will be able to find this record, as well as collaborations with many more Jersey notables, on Drummah’s GAS N REEFAH LP, dropping digitally this summer.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.