Real, Rugged and Raw—three adjectives that almost always bode well, when applied to a hip-hop record. Rich Quick‘s latest feature, of course, is no exception to that rule. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this freshly-minted single finds the Garden State spitter (and freestyle series alum) touting his impeccable mic skills over the classic samples and synth-bass blurts of project collaborator Divine Drummah. Though braggadocio is the overacrching theme, the artist admits to being starstruck by the rarefied company he’s been keeping lately: “I cannot believe I done shot the breeze with hot emcees who suddenly respect me and acknowledge me.” Fans will be able to find this record, as well as collaborations with many more Jersey notables, on Drummah’s GAS N REEFAH LP, dropping digitally this summer.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.