Want to show that special someone how much you care this Valentine’s Day, but aren’t sure how to put your feelings into words? Well, you could always just say, “I love you.” (OK, you might want to spring for a fancy dinner and some flowers, too.) Philly rhymesayer Rich Quick shows us just how effective those three simple words can be on May I, Say I, the latest single off his forthcoming street album. On this Booth-exclusive world premiere, beatsmith STANKFOOT‘s mellow guitar loops accompany the freestyle series alumnus as he reflects on his relationship with his girl in earnest verses. In total, he manages to drop a grand total of 34 ‘I love you’s. (Or more—I feel like a few might have slipped past me.) This romantic jam isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can rest assured that more is on the way; Rich Quick and STANKFOOT plan to work together extensively in the coming months.
Written by richard on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.