Didn’t have time to grab a bite to eat this morning? Not to worry; East Coast rhymesayers Rich Quick and Archie Bang have prepared a little #Breakfast for all their fans in The DJBooth. An exclusive world premiere, this joint promo single was recorded by General Steele at Brooklyn’s Bucktown USA studio, and its sound is clearly inspired by the borough’s hip-hop history. Brown Bag All-Star J57 provides a head-nodding boom-bap groove to back the collaborators’ intricate bars, and DJ J Hart tops the record off with some old-school cuts. This song isn’t slated to appear on a larger set, but those feeling it can look forward to the official visuals, which will allegedly involve a plus-sized model drenching herself in milk. (I swear, I didn’t make that up.)
Update: We have added the James Niche and Ryan Jenq-directed visuals for Rich and Archie’s #Breakfast single.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.