Didn’t have time to grab a bite to eat this morning? Not to worry; East Coast rhymesayers Rich Quick and Archie Bang have prepared a little #Breakfast for all their fans in The DJBooth. An exclusive world premiere, this joint promo single was recorded by General Steele at Brooklyn’s Bucktown USA studio, and its sound is clearly inspired by the borough’s hip-hop history. Brown Bag All-Star J57 provides a head-nodding boom-bap groove to back the collaborators’ intricate bars, and DJ J Hart tops the record off with some old-school cuts. This song isn’t slated to appear on a larger set, but those feeling it can look forward to the official visuals, which will allegedly involve a plus-sized model drenching herself in milk. (I swear, I didn’t make that up.)
Update: We have added the James Niche and Ryan Jenq-directed visuals for Rich and Archie’s #Breakfast single.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.