Didn’t have time to grab a bite to eat this morning? Not to worry; East Coast rhymesayers Rich Quick and Archie Bang have prepared a little #Breakfast for all their fans in The DJBooth. An exclusive world premiere, this joint promo single was recorded by General Steele at Brooklyn’s Bucktown USA studio, and its sound is clearly inspired by the borough’s hip-hop history. Brown Bag All-Star J57 provides a head-nodding boom-bap groove to back the collaborators’ intricate bars, and DJ J Hart tops the record off with some old-school cuts. This song isn’t slated to appear on a larger set, but those feeling it can look forward to the official visuals, which will allegedly involve a plus-sized model drenching herself in milk. (I swear, I didn’t make that up.)
Update: We have added the James Niche and Ryan Jenq-directed visuals for Rich and Archie’s #Breakfast single.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
There is one indie artist, who, without fail, appears on the charts right next to some of the biggest names around. He is the only indie artist to appear on the 25 most popular songs of 2014 list - he came in at number...
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)