Didn’t have time to grab a bite to eat this morning? Not to worry; East Coast rhymesayers Rich Quick and Archie Bang have prepared a little #Breakfast for all their fans in The DJBooth. An exclusive world premiere, this joint promo single was recorded by General Steele at Brooklyn’s Bucktown USA studio, and its sound is clearly inspired by the borough’s hip-hop history. Brown Bag All-Star J57 provides a head-nodding boom-bap groove to back the collaborators’ intricate bars, and DJ J Hart tops the record off with some old-school cuts. This song isn’t slated to appear on a larger set, but those feeling it can look forward to the official visuals, which will allegedly involve a plus-sized model drenching herself in milk. (I swear, I didn’t make that up.)
Update: We have added the James Niche and Ryan Jenq-directed visuals for Rich and Archie’s #Breakfast single.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
Ben Frank Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Travelin' Man (STREECE Remix)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.