R&B up-and-comer Rich Lowe may be just 21 years old, but don’t get it twisted—the man knows his music history. On his latest promo single and first DJBooth feature, the East New York native harks back to 1958 to offer his own take on Jackie Wilson’s classic Lonely Teardrops. A largely faithful rendering of the original, this self-produced cover nonetheless boasts a few contemporary touches, including a punched-up percussion rhythm and the prominent use of overdubbed harmonies. After a listen to this retro reimagining, are you itching to hear something penned by the artist himself? Stay tuned; while Lonely Teardrops isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, Lowe plans to begin releasing original material this year.
Written by richard on 01/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.