R&B up-and-comer Rich Lowe may be just 21 years old, but don’t get it twisted—the man knows his music history. On his latest promo single and first DJBooth feature, the East New York native harks back to 1958 to offer his own take on Jackie Wilson’s classic Lonely Teardrops. A largely faithful rendering of the original, this self-produced cover nonetheless boasts a few contemporary touches, including a punched-up percussion rhythm and the prominent use of overdubbed harmonies. After a listen to this retro reimagining, are you itching to hear something penned by the artist himself? Stay tuned; while Lonely Teardrops isn’t attached to a forthcoming project, Lowe plans to begin releasing original material this year.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.