In the spirit of the most interesting man in the world, allow me to introduce the latest feature from Rich Kidd: it doesn’t always go down, but When it Go Down, you know the T-Dot native is behind it. Although summer is nearing its end, Kidd returns to the Booth to bring us another Island-inspired summer anthem. While the artist’s vocals have a distinct island flavor, his and Frank Dukes’ production has a different feel. The acoustic, minimalist beat doesn’t scream “island vibes,” but it still works with Kidd’s party-oriented, understated vocals. If this record, Kidd’s third Booth feature this month, has grabbed your eardrums, be sure to check out his upcoming project, We on Some Rich Kidd Sh*t Vol. 7 when it drops digitally on Thursday, August 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/30/13
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)