In the spirit of the most interesting man in the world, allow me to introduce the latest feature from Rich Kidd: it doesn’t always go down, but When it Go Down, you know the T-Dot native is behind it. Although summer is nearing its end, Kidd returns to the Booth to bring us another Island-inspired summer anthem. While the artist’s vocals have a distinct island flavor, his and Frank Dukes’ production has a different feel. The acoustic, minimalist beat doesn’t scream “island vibes,” but it still works with Kidd’s party-oriented, understated vocals. If this record, Kidd’s third Booth feature this month, has grabbed your eardrums, be sure to check out his upcoming project, We on Some Rich Kidd Sh*t Vol. 7 when it drops digitally on Thursday, August 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.