As those who have tuned in for his previous features know, Rich Kidd doesn’t lack for confidence in himself and his abilities. Still, he admits on his latest effort, “I’d Be Lying if I said I didn’t doubt sometimes.” Following March’s SYKE and Can I Get a [Bom Bom], the latest song release off the T-Dot emcee’s next street album sees him shedding light on a variety of uncomfortable truths: from his feelings of insecurity, to his current shortage of funds, to his criminal past. DJ Dahi mans the mixing boards, complementing the artist’s confessional bars with ethereal vocal samples and effervescent synth arpeggios. A resolutely real joint sure to earn Rich Kidd respect on our pages, this cut is slated to appear on forthcoming mixtape In My Opinion. The project has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and fresh cuts as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Rich Kidd’s Andrew Stephenson-directed I’d Be Lying visual.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.