This may come as a shock to those of y’all who still believe in Santa Claus (Who totally exists, don’t get me wrong.), but many of those rappers with references to cash in their stage names aren’t nearly as loaded as they’ll have you believe. T-dot emcee/producer Rich Kidd will freely admit that his moniker is more aspirational than reality-based; as he puts it on his latest promo single, “I’m far from rich, but I’m far from broke / That’s mediocre money, best start taking some notes.” Though the artist’s hustle has yet to yield the big dividends he’s dreaming of, Kidd still has plenty of worthy advice for those on their grind, as he demonstrates over his and Lyve‘s brass-laced boom-bap boardwork. Far From Rich isn’t part of a larger project, but fans left craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, the reader-approved A Vibe Called Quest.
Written by richard on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.