This may come as a shock to those of y’all who still believe in Santa Claus (Who totally exists, don’t get me wrong.), but many of those rappers with references to cash in their stage names aren’t nearly as loaded as they’ll have you believe. T-dot emcee/producer Rich Kidd will freely admit that his moniker is more aspirational than reality-based; as he puts it on his latest promo single, “I’m far from rich, but I’m far from broke / That’s mediocre money, best start taking some notes.” Though the artist’s hustle has yet to yield the big dividends he’s dreaming of, Kidd still has plenty of worthy advice for those on their grind, as he demonstrates over his and Lyve‘s brass-laced boom-bap boardwork. Far From Rich isn’t part of a larger project, but fans left craving more are encouraged to check out his last feature, the reader-approved A Vibe Called Quest.
Written by richard on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.