Though Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shahad Muhammad are no longer as prominent in the game as they were during the early/mid-90s, new-school artists draw inspiration from the Tribe to this day. On A Vibe Called Quest, a loosie recorded at T-Dot’s The Remix Project studios, emcee/producer Rich Kidd links up with a couple talented homies to try and recapture the crew’s iconic Golden Age sound. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut finds LordQuest crafting a head-noddable throwback groove to back agile verses from himself, Kidd and Bronx-repping Booth regular Denzil Porter. If you’re feeling this era-bridging homage, keep it locked; Vibe Called Quest isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.