Though Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shahad Muhammad are no longer as prominent in the game as they were during the early/mid-90s, new-school artists draw inspiration from the Tribe to this day. On A Vibe Called Quest, a loosie recorded at T-Dot’s The Remix Project studios, emcee/producer Rich Kidd links up with a couple talented homies to try and recapture the crew’s iconic Golden Age sound. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut finds LordQuest crafting a head-noddable throwback groove to back agile verses from himself, Kidd and Bronx-repping Booth regular Denzil Porter. If you’re feeling this era-bridging homage, keep it locked; Vibe Called Quest isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all involved.
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.