Though Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shahad Muhammad are no longer as prominent in the game as they were during the early/mid-90s, new-school artists draw inspiration from the Tribe to this day. On A Vibe Called Quest, a loosie recorded at T-Dot’s The Remix Project studios, emcee/producer Rich Kidd links up with a couple talented homies to try and recapture the crew’s iconic Golden Age sound. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut finds LordQuest crafting a head-noddable throwback groove to back agile verses from himself, Kidd and Bronx-repping Booth regular Denzil Porter. If you’re feeling this era-bridging homage, keep it locked; Vibe Called Quest isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.