Though Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shahad Muhammad are no longer as prominent in the game as they were during the early/mid-90s, new-school artists draw inspiration from the Tribe to this day. On A Vibe Called Quest, a loosie recorded at T-Dot’s The Remix Project studios, emcee/producer Rich Kidd links up with a couple talented homies to try and recapture the crew’s iconic Golden Age sound. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut finds LordQuest crafting a head-noddable throwback groove to back agile verses from himself, Kidd and Bronx-repping Booth regular Denzil Porter. If you’re feeling this era-bridging homage, keep it locked; Vibe Called Quest isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)