Though Q-Tip, Phife Dawg and Ali Shahad Muhammad are no longer as prominent in the game as they were during the early/mid-90s, new-school artists draw inspiration from the Tribe to this day. On A Vibe Called Quest, a loosie recorded at T-Dot’s The Remix Project studios, emcee/producer Rich Kidd links up with a couple talented homies to try and recapture the crew’s iconic Golden Age sound. Making its world premiere on our front page, the cut finds LordQuest crafting a head-noddable throwback groove to back agile verses from himself, Kidd and Bronx-repping Booth regular Denzil Porter. If you’re feeling this era-bridging homage, keep it locked; Vibe Called Quest isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
Rich Kidd Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Much More" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.