Don’t let the title mislead you; even if you’re not lucky enough to possess a top-dollar stereo setup, you won’t regret spending A Little Bit of Time listening to the first Booth feature from up-and-coming live-band ensemble Rich Kid Sound System. This newly-released single finds vocalist/bassist Q, vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist Leo, and percussionist Danny cooking up a compulsively head-noddable pop-rock backdrop for some braggadocio-laced lyrical reflections on the value of hard work and perseverance, complete with the obligatory kiss-off to their doubters: “People that I had classes with, used to sit back and laugh at it / said I wasn’t really passionate, now look at us, chillin’ in the passion pit.” With engaging rhymes and an infectiously upbeat sound, these “college kids” seem poised to do big things – what do you think, Booth readers? Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to find plenty more where this came from on Rich Kid Sound System’s self-titled EP when it drops this September.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get What You Give" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.