Don’t let the title mislead you; even if you’re not lucky enough to possess a top-dollar stereo setup, you won’t regret spending A Little Bit of Time listening to the first Booth feature from up-and-coming live-band ensemble Rich Kid Sound System. This newly-released single finds vocalist/bassist Q, vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist Leo, and percussionist Danny cooking up a compulsively head-noddable pop-rock backdrop for some braggadocio-laced lyrical reflections on the value of hard work and perseverance, complete with the obligatory kiss-off to their doubters: “People that I had classes with, used to sit back and laugh at it / said I wasn’t really passionate, now look at us, chillin’ in the passion pit.” With engaging rhymes and an infectiously upbeat sound, these “college kids” seem poised to do big things – what do you think, Booth readers? Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to find plenty more where this came from on Rich Kid Sound System’s self-titled EP when it drops this September.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get What You Give" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.