Don’t let the title mislead you; even if you’re not lucky enough to possess a top-dollar stereo setup, you won’t regret spending A Little Bit of Time listening to the first Booth feature from up-and-coming live-band ensemble Rich Kid Sound System. This newly-released single finds vocalist/bassist Q, vocalist/guitarist/keyboardist Leo, and percussionist Danny cooking up a compulsively head-noddable pop-rock backdrop for some braggadocio-laced lyrical reflections on the value of hard work and perseverance, complete with the obligatory kiss-off to their doubters: “People that I had classes with, used to sit back and laugh at it / said I wasn’t really passionate, now look at us, chillin’ in the passion pit.” With engaging rhymes and an infectiously upbeat sound, these “college kids” seem poised to do big things – what do you think, Booth readers? Those who like what they’re hearing will be able to find plenty more where this came from on Rich Kid Sound System’s self-titled EP when it drops this September.
Written by richard on 06/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get What You Give" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.