If hip-hop were to form a Better Business Bureau-style organization to ensure a standard of realness in rhymes, how many rap albums do you think would qualify for that coveted seal of 100% authenticity? Yeah, not so many. Rich Jones, however, sees himself as one of the elite few who do, indeed, keep it real 24/7. On new single How I Live, the Chi-town repper assures us of his personal commitment to factuality, spitting, “How I Live is how I live, how I eat is how I eat / Ain’t nothing counterfeit…” Joining the headliner over project collaborator Danimal Tha Choppa‘s hazy street boardwork, frequent Chris Mathien collaborator Sulaiman and Booth newcomer Troy Boy cosign the headliner’s pledge to keep it one-hundred on the guest tip. For more dope rhymes with no artificial flavoring, check out Rich and Danimal Make a Mixtape: Indian Summer when it arrives on the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.