If hip-hop were to form a Better Business Bureau-style organization to ensure a standard of realness in rhymes, how many rap albums do you think would qualify for that coveted seal of 100% authenticity? Yeah, not so many. Rich Jones, however, sees himself as one of the elite few who do, indeed, keep it real 24/7. On new single How I Live, the Chi-town repper assures us of his personal commitment to factuality, spitting, “How I Live is how I live, how I eat is how I eat / Ain’t nothing counterfeit…” Joining the headliner over project collaborator Danimal Tha Choppa‘s hazy street boardwork, frequent Chris Mathien collaborator Sulaiman and Booth newcomer Troy Boy cosign the headliner’s pledge to keep it one-hundred on the guest tip. For more dope rhymes with no artificial flavoring, check out Rich and Danimal Make a Mixtape: Indian Summer when it arrives on the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.