If hip-hop were to form a Better Business Bureau-style organization to ensure a standard of realness in rhymes, how many rap albums do you think would qualify for that coveted seal of 100% authenticity? Yeah, not so many. Rich Jones, however, sees himself as one of the elite few who do, indeed, keep it real 24/7. On new single How I Live, the Chi-town repper assures us of his personal commitment to factuality, spitting, “How I Live is how I live, how I eat is how I eat / Ain’t nothing counterfeit…” Joining the headliner over project collaborator Danimal Tha Choppa‘s hazy street boardwork, frequent Chris Mathien collaborator Sulaiman and Booth newcomer Troy Boy cosign the headliner’s pledge to keep it one-hundred on the guest tip. For more dope rhymes with no artificial flavoring, check out Rich and Danimal Make a Mixtape: Indian Summer when it arrives on the ‘net in September.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.