When an emcee nicknames himself “Babe Ruthless,” you can count on him to deliver hits, right? Such is certainly the case for Rich Jones, making his Booth debut with newly-leaked EP standout Combat. Here, Montana Mack‘s ominous piano beat (complete with an intro sampled from sports/comedy classic The Sandlot) sets the stage for bars every bit as belligerent as you’d expect from the record’s title. For more, check out the Windy City spitter’s Callin’ Shots EP, released October 18, and available now online.
Written by richard on 12/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.