When an emcee nicknames himself “Babe Ruthless,” you can count on him to deliver hits, right? Such is certainly the case for Rich Jones, making his Booth debut with newly-leaked EP standout Combat. Here, Montana Mack‘s ominous piano beat (complete with an intro sampled from sports/comedy classic The Sandlot) sets the stage for bars every bit as belligerent as you’d expect from the record’s title. For more, check out the Windy City spitter’s Callin’ Shots EP, released October 18, and available now online.
Written by richard on 12/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.