When you think, “lonely stoner with girl problems and a deadpan, sung-rapped flow,” I’m willing to bet that the first name to spring to your mind begins with a “Kid” and ends with a “CuDi.” Well, today, a second artist adds his name to that short list: Rich Hil, making his Booth debut with new single Won’t You Tell Me. Here, the defiantly uncapitalized infamous serves up a pensive piano loop as Rich Hil shares his troubles, both in the romantic arena and the not-being-able-to-talk-to-Mom-on-the-phone arena (hey, don’t laugh – that does suck). Oh, and Scott Mescudi makes an appearance as well, stepping up to the mic to contribute his own smoke-seasoned vocals on the chorus. Does the angstfully fresh style Rich Hil brings to this track leave you intrigued? Well, you’ll be able to find plenty more where this came from on Limosa Nostra Act 1, scheduled to drop on April 21 (aka, Recovering From 4/20 Day).
Written by richard on 04/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Stay Away" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.