If you’re like me, you learned very early in your childhood that treating furniture like a jungle gym or deliberately dumping food or drinks on the carpet were grounds for a swift slap on the rear. Of course, what our parents didn’t teach us was that, when you’ve got the right amount of cash, such rules cease to apply. On his latest single, Alabama’s Rich Boy shows us how a true high roller behaves in public by “Standing on the Couch and pouring liquor on the floor” of his local spot’s VIP room (and loudly demanding more when the bottle’s empty). Heavyweight beatsmith Polow da Don supports the headliner in his antisocial behavior, contributing backing vocals in addition to some characteristically bass-booming synth-string boardwork. The result is a club banger sure to get its share of spins on dancefloors across the nation – and keep nightclub custodians everywhere on their toes. Does S.O.C. have what it takes to get the D-throwing emcee’s sophomore full-length, Buried Alive onto store shelves? I’ll leave it to you, the readers, to speculate.
Written by richard on 05/31/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do ft. Lil' Jon, Sean P & Cutt" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.