If you’re like me, you learned very early in your childhood that treating furniture like a jungle gym or deliberately dumping food or drinks on the carpet were grounds for a swift slap on the rear. Of course, what our parents didn’t teach us was that, when you’ve got the right amount of cash, such rules cease to apply. On his latest single, Alabama’s Rich Boy shows us how a true high roller behaves in public by “Standing on the Couch and pouring liquor on the floor” of his local spot’s VIP room (and loudly demanding more when the bottle’s empty). Heavyweight beatsmith Polow da Don supports the headliner in his antisocial behavior, contributing backing vocals in addition to some characteristically bass-booming synth-string boardwork. The result is a club banger sure to get its share of spins on dancefloors across the nation – and keep nightclub custodians everywhere on their toes. Does S.O.C. have what it takes to get the D-throwing emcee’s sophomore full-length, Buried Alive onto store shelves? I’ll leave it to you, the readers, to speculate.
Written by richard on 05/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do ft. Lil' Jon, Sean P & Cutt" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.