Featured back in July, Rich Boy‘s last single, To the Floor, was hailed by Booth readers as “ok,” “decent,” and “the definition of average.” Harsh. Well aware of the dangers of public indifference, the Mobile native’s set out to restore his artistic mojo through the time-tested strategy of feeding the streets fresh tunes – starting with inaugural mixtape leak Pharoahs & Kings. Here, a dark, lushly soulful arrangement by Charlie Red & KG (sampled from Eddie Holman’s Four Walls) sets the stage for rhymes considerably more complex than Rich Boy’s recent, liquor-and-booty-centric offerings. Viewing his dreams of fame and fortune through the lens of antiquity, the Southern mainstay laces the joint with vividly opulent (if occasionally anachronistic) images of his lavish lifestyle: “I’m at the palace with Cleopatra and Cinderella, and in the rain I open designer umbrellas..” Time for you to weigh in: has Rich Boy conquered listener apathy with this historical ode to high-rollerdom? If you think so, you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on his forthcoming street album, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Listen to More: Rich Boy Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do ft. Lil' Jon, Sean P & Cutt" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.