Featured back in July, Rich Boy‘s last single, To the Floor, was hailed by Booth readers as “ok,” “decent,” and “the definition of average.” Harsh. Well aware of the dangers of public indifference, the Mobile native’s set out to restore his artistic mojo through the time-tested strategy of feeding the streets fresh tunes – starting with inaugural mixtape leak Pharoahs & Kings. Here, a dark, lushly soulful arrangement by Charlie Red & KG (sampled from Eddie Holman’s Four Walls) sets the stage for rhymes considerably more complex than Rich Boy’s recent, liquor-and-booty-centric offerings. Viewing his dreams of fame and fortune through the lens of antiquity, the Southern mainstay laces the joint with vividly opulent (if occasionally anachronistic) images of his lavish lifestyle: “I’m at the palace with Cleopatra and Cinderella, and in the rain I open designer umbrellas..” Time for you to weigh in: has Rich Boy conquered listener apathy with this historical ode to high-rollerdom? If you think so, you’ll want to keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on his forthcoming street album, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 11/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do ft. Lil' Jon, Sean P & Cutt" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.