In two weeks when you raise your glass to toast to a new year, instead of playing the played-out Auld Lang Syne, why not bump Rich Boy’s Glasses In The Air? This self-produced ode to the lavish lifestyle, off of RB’s forthcoming mixtape, plays host to an epic foundation, and is highlighted by a slower, bare-bones boardwork, which isn’t often the case with many an alcohol anthem. The song’s mysterious vibe is established even moreso with its dusty hook, manned by guest artist Jue. While the chorus and production maintain a certain ambiguity, Rich Boy does not. The Alabama native slices through his own boardwork with a rough, tenacious flow that cuts the track’s haziness. Before ringing in 2013, be sure to download Rich Boy’s DJ Bigga Rankin and DJ Smallz-hosted mixtape Back To Class, set to drop on New Years Eve.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.