In two weeks when you raise your glass to toast to a new year, instead of playing the played-out Auld Lang Syne, why not bump Rich Boy’s Glasses In The Air? This self-produced ode to the lavish lifestyle, off of RB’s forthcoming mixtape, plays host to an epic foundation, and is highlighted by a slower, bare-bones boardwork, which isn’t often the case with many an alcohol anthem. The song’s mysterious vibe is established even moreso with its dusty hook, manned by guest artist Jue. While the chorus and production maintain a certain ambiguity, Rich Boy does not. The Alabama native slices through his own boardwork with a rough, tenacious flow that cuts the track’s haziness. Before ringing in 2013, be sure to download Rich Boy’s DJ Bigga Rankin and DJ Smallz-hosted mixtape Back To Class, set to drop on New Years Eve.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Do ft. Lil' Jon, Sean P & Cutt" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.