Today, as we stare down a new offering from Chicago representer Rhymefest, we find ourselves in a classic good news, bad news situation. The bad news? Creative differences caused Fest to split with J Records, pushing back the release of his long-awaited album El Che slightly. The good news? In the meantime he’s decided to let us hear some new music, and if How High is any indication, the wait will be more than worth it. How High’s celebratory, hard rock guitar-laced production comes to us courtesy of S1 and Caleb (for Soul Kontrollaz Production), who provide an intensely sonic backdrop for Fest to drop some serious rhymes about soaring above life’s troubles (sorry stoners, it’s not about that “high.”) Throw in some guest vocals from the always quality Little Brother and you’ve got a track guaranteed to build anticipation to a fevered pitch. El Che’s revolutionary sound will (finally) hit our eardrums sometime this spring. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.