Today, as we stare down a new offering from Chicago representer Rhymefest, we find ourselves in a classic good news, bad news situation. The bad news? Creative differences caused Fest to split with J Records, pushing back the release of his long-awaited album El Che slightly. The good news? In the meantime he’s decided to let us hear some new music, and if How High is any indication, the wait will be more than worth it. How High’s celebratory, hard rock guitar-laced production comes to us courtesy of S1 and Caleb (for Soul Kontrollaz Production), who provide an intensely sonic backdrop for Fest to drop some serious rhymes about soaring above life’s troubles (sorry stoners, it’s not about that “high.”) Throw in some guest vocals from the always quality Little Brother and you’ve got a track guaranteed to build anticipation to a fevered pitch. El Che’s revolutionary sound will (finally) hit our eardrums sometime this spring. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.