Today, as we stare down a new offering from Chicago representer Rhymefest, we find ourselves in a classic good news, bad news situation. The bad news? Creative differences caused Fest to split with J Records, pushing back the release of his long-awaited album El Che slightly. The good news? In the meantime he’s decided to let us hear some new music, and if How High is any indication, the wait will be more than worth it. How High’s celebratory, hard rock guitar-laced production comes to us courtesy of S1 and Caleb (for Soul Kontrollaz Production), who provide an intensely sonic backdrop for Fest to drop some serious rhymes about soaring above life’s troubles (sorry stoners, it’s not about that “high.”) Throw in some guest vocals from the always quality Little Brother and you’ve got a track guaranteed to build anticipation to a fevered pitch. El Che’s revolutionary sound will (finally) hit our eardrums sometime this spring. Keep it locked to DJBooth.net for more updates.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.