GLC and Rhymefest could be considered the right and left hand men for Kanye West. Many are unaware that Rhymefest is actually the genius behind Jesus Walks, and GLC is the driving force behind Spaceship. However, with their new song Bionic Jaws [Download Here], off the Closed Session series presented by Rubyhornet.com and DJ RTC, many will see why Mr. West associates with these talented emcees. Produced by one third of the Dilated People, DJ Babu, the beat rides real smooth and compliments the vocals of the two well, especially GLC. In the first two verses, GLC’s deep and sleek voice lays down his “pimpin” and showcases why he should be set apart from other cookie-cutter rappers. With Rhymefest coming in and spitting a laid back yet assertive flow that will have you paying attention to his lyricism, both emcees assert themselves apart from Kanye’s influence. For more G.O.O.D. Music, make sure you check out Rhymefest’s latest album El Che, GLC’s forthcoming album Love, Life & Loyalty, and keep it locked to RubyHornet for more Closed Session dopeness.
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.