GLC and Rhymefest could be considered the right and left hand men for Kanye West. Many are unaware that Rhymefest is actually the genius behind Jesus Walks, and GLC is the driving force behind Spaceship. However, with their new song Bionic Jaws [Download Here], off the Closed Session series presented by Rubyhornet.com and DJ RTC, many will see why Mr. West associates with these talented emcees. Produced by one third of the Dilated People, DJ Babu, the beat rides real smooth and compliments the vocals of the two well, especially GLC. In the first two verses, GLC’s deep and sleek voice lays down his “pimpin” and showcases why he should be set apart from other cookie-cutter rappers. With Rhymefest coming in and spitting a laid back yet assertive flow that will have you paying attention to his lyricism, both emcees assert themselves apart from Kanye’s influence. For more G.O.O.D. Music, make sure you check out Rhymefest’s latest album El Che, GLC’s forthcoming album Love, Life & Loyalty, and keep it locked to RubyHornet for more Closed Session dopeness.
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.