GLC and Rhymefest could be considered the right and left hand men for Kanye West. Many are unaware that Rhymefest is actually the genius behind Jesus Walks, and GLC is the driving force behind Spaceship. However, with their new song Bionic Jaws [Download Here], off the Closed Session series presented by Rubyhornet.com and DJ RTC, many will see why Mr. West associates with these talented emcees. Produced by one third of the Dilated People, DJ Babu, the beat rides real smooth and compliments the vocals of the two well, especially GLC. In the first two verses, GLC’s deep and sleek voice lays down his “pimpin” and showcases why he should be set apart from other cookie-cutter rappers. With Rhymefest coming in and spitting a laid back yet assertive flow that will have you paying attention to his lyricism, both emcees assert themselves apart from Kanye’s influence. For more G.O.O.D. Music, make sure you check out Rhymefest’s latest album El Che, GLC’s forthcoming album Love, Life & Loyalty, and keep it locked to RubyHornet for more Closed Session dopeness.
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.