Besides his recent Charles Hamilton diss track and a guest verse on Scram Jones’ Yes We Can, the Booth hasn’t heard from Chi-town native Rhymefest in quite a while —in fact, his last featured cut, Real Quotes, hit our front page way back in November of ‘07. Fortunately for fans, though, the industry vet is by no means off his grind; in anticipation of his long-awaited sophomore LP, El Che, he’s preparing to drop a new pre-album mixtape called The Manual. This newly-released cut finds Rhymesayer and femcee/actress Queen Latifah joining forces to send a simple message: though times are tough, they’re Goin’ In—that is, they’re determined to rise above the struggles and live life to its fullest. The ‘Queen of Rap’ is sure to impress as she describes her personal triumphs over Dub Santana‘s slow-burning synth instrumental, but the record truly hits its stride when Rhymefest steps into the spotlight to paint his struggle in more universal terms. The Manual has yet to receive a solid release date—keep your eyes glued to the Booth for further details.
Written by richard on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.