Besides his recent Charles Hamilton diss track and a guest verse on Scram Jones’ Yes We Can, the Booth hasn’t heard from Chi-town native Rhymefest in quite a while —in fact, his last featured cut, Real Quotes, hit our front page way back in November of ‘07. Fortunately for fans, though, the industry vet is by no means off his grind; in anticipation of his long-awaited sophomore LP, El Che, he’s preparing to drop a new pre-album mixtape called The Manual. This newly-released cut finds Rhymesayer and femcee/actress Queen Latifah joining forces to send a simple message: though times are tough, they’re Goin’ In—that is, they’re determined to rise above the struggles and live life to its fullest. The ‘Queen of Rap’ is sure to impress as she describes her personal triumphs over Dub Santana‘s slow-burning synth instrumental, but the record truly hits its stride when Rhymefest steps into the spotlight to paint his struggle in more universal terms. The Manual has yet to receive a solid release date—keep your eyes glued to the Booth for further details.
Written by richard on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All Girls Cheat" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.