Whether they’re looking to radically overhaul the status quo or simply to put a new twist on a classic formula, every artist enters the game with a vision for change. In the case of Revolution of the Mind, the stage name says it all – the Bay Area duo hopes to take hip-hop to a place that’s fresh, cerebral and politically engaged. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new single Ain’t Seen Me Since follows that blueprint to a tee. Snowgoons member Sicknature mans the boards, crafting a gritty, brass-driven backdrop for Iranian-born, Cali-raised rapper I. Shiek‘s passionate rhymes and DJ Dfi‘s skillful turntablism. Lending a hand on the guest tip are two likeminded musical revolutionaries; Kahlee and Uptown Swuite, two-thirds of Polynesian rap crew The Seed, commandeer the back end, inviting listeners to turn of the “idiot box” and join the fight in verses as entertaining as they are provocative. So, how about it – are you on board with this crew’s revolutionary vision? If so, keep it locked for details on Honor in Sin, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 02/8/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.