There needs to be a hip-hop fight club where new songs are pitted against each other and are forced to battle to the death (or get voted on) to determine which is best. If this were to happen, all my money would be on Revalation’s latest feature; put this record Up Against any other song and it will come out victorious. How could any cut compete with the lethal three-hit combo of Revalation, Joe Scudda, and Mayhem (of EMS)? Atop Pause Beats‘s, funky, brass-driven instrumental—featuring some slick cuts from DJ Family Tyz—the three emcees showcase their similarly authoritative flows in hard-hitting verses. Revalation, the last to spit, exhibits a demonstrative style that really sets him apart from his collaborators. Up Against is the second single off Rev’s next mixtape, Feature Presentation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)