There needs to be a hip-hop fight club where new songs are pitted against each other and are forced to battle to the death (or get voted on) to determine which is best. If this were to happen, all my money would be on Revalation’s latest feature; put this record Up Against any other song and it will come out victorious. How could any cut compete with the lethal three-hit combo of Revalation, Joe Scudda, and Mayhem (of EMS)? Atop Pause Beats‘s, funky, brass-driven instrumental—featuring some slick cuts from DJ Family Tyz—the three emcees showcase their similarly authoritative flows in hard-hitting verses. Revalation, the last to spit, exhibits a demonstrative style that really sets him apart from his collaborators. Up Against is the second single off Rev’s next mixtape, Feature Presentation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.