There needs to be a hip-hop fight club where new songs are pitted against each other and are forced to battle to the death (or get voted on) to determine which is best. If this were to happen, all my money would be on Revalation’s latest feature; put this record Up Against any other song and it will come out victorious. How could any cut compete with the lethal three-hit combo of Revalation, Joe Scudda, and Mayhem (of EMS)? Atop Pause Beats‘s, funky, brass-driven instrumental—featuring some slick cuts from DJ Family Tyz—the three emcees showcase their similarly authoritative flows in hard-hitting verses. Revalation, the last to spit, exhibits a demonstrative style that really sets him apart from his collaborators. Up Against is the second single off Rev’s next mixtape, Feature Presentation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.