There needs to be a hip-hop fight club where new songs are pitted against each other and are forced to battle to the death (or get voted on) to determine which is best. If this were to happen, all my money would be on Revalation’s latest feature; put this record Up Against any other song and it will come out victorious. How could any cut compete with the lethal three-hit combo of Revalation, Joe Scudda, and Mayhem (of EMS)? Atop Pause Beats‘s, funky, brass-driven instrumental—featuring some slick cuts from DJ Family Tyz—the three emcees showcase their similarly authoritative flows in hard-hitting verses. Revalation, the last to spit, exhibits a demonstrative style that really sets him apart from his collaborators. Up Against is the second single off Rev’s next mixtape, Feature Presentation.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/10/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.