When I hear the saying “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours,” I usually think of shady business, like politicians making backroom deals or a cop taking a bribe. However, not all back-scratching is driven by corrupt motivations. New England emcee Revalation is sorta kinda new to Booth readers, as he was last featured as a guest on Dominique Larue’s We Are, which hit our front page back in 2011. Now that he has the spotlight, Rev has returned the favor, inviting Larue to take part in Here We Go. Revalation is first to destroy the grimy Shade Cobain instrumental, showcasing an assertive, booming flow. Thankfully, he leaves enough of the beat for Dominique, whose forceful, pull-no-punches approach heightens the joint’s edgy vibe. This cut will likely get fans of authentic hip-hop interested in his Feature Presentation tape, which is scheduled for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.