When I hear the saying “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours,” I usually think of shady business, like politicians making backroom deals or a cop taking a bribe. However, not all back-scratching is driven by corrupt motivations. New England emcee Revalation is sorta kinda new to Booth readers, as he was last featured as a guest on Dominique Larue’s We Are, which hit our front page back in 2011. Now that he has the spotlight, Rev has returned the favor, inviting Larue to take part in Here We Go. Revalation is first to destroy the grimy Shade Cobain instrumental, showcasing an assertive, booming flow. Thankfully, he leaves enough of the beat for Dominique, whose forceful, pull-no-punches approach heightens the joint’s edgy vibe. This cut will likely get fans of authentic hip-hop interested in his Feature Presentation tape, which is scheduled for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.