When I hear the saying “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours,” I usually think of shady business, like politicians making backroom deals or a cop taking a bribe. However, not all back-scratching is driven by corrupt motivations. New England emcee Revalation is sorta kinda new to Booth readers, as he was last featured as a guest on Dominique Larue’s We Are, which hit our front page back in 2011. Now that he has the spotlight, Rev has returned the favor, inviting Larue to take part in Here We Go. Revalation is first to destroy the grimy Shade Cobain instrumental, showcasing an assertive, booming flow. Thankfully, he leaves enough of the beat for Dominique, whose forceful, pull-no-punches approach heightens the joint’s edgy vibe. This cut will likely get fans of authentic hip-hop interested in his Feature Presentation tape, which is scheduled for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.