When I hear the saying “You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours,” I usually think of shady business, like politicians making backroom deals or a cop taking a bribe. However, not all back-scratching is driven by corrupt motivations. New England emcee Revalation is sorta kinda new to Booth readers, as he was last featured as a guest on Dominique Larue’s We Are, which hit our front page back in 2011. Now that he has the spotlight, Rev has returned the favor, inviting Larue to take part in Here We Go. Revalation is first to destroy the grimy Shade Cobain instrumental, showcasing an assertive, booming flow. Thankfully, he leaves enough of the beat for Dominique, whose forceful, pull-no-punches approach heightens the joint’s edgy vibe. This cut will likely get fans of authentic hip-hop interested in his Feature Presentation tape, which is scheduled for release this summer.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.