Be warned: once you hit play on RETRO‘s first DJBooth feature, you’ll be powerless to Resist the record’s epic, cinematic sound. Not that you’d want to—you are here to listen to dope new music, right? Single numero uno off the Detroit-born, Atlanta-based rhymesayer’s next mixtape, this joint sees RETRO styling on his competition and touting his skills in witty, punchline-packed verses. Keyz goes for broke on the production tip, backing the Rocket Team representative’s bars with ominous strings and choral vocals in addition to the usual synths and thundering drums. The Six currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Update: We have added the Nick May-directed visuals for RETRO’s Resist single.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How U Want It" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.