RETRO was born in Detroit and calls ATL home, but he takes just as much inspiration from the West Coast. In fact, the freshly-released How U Want It is a tribute to that region’s most eminent rap legend, Tupac Shakur. Chill works a vocal sample from similarly-titled classic How Do U Want It (part of ‘96’s All Eyez on Me LP) into his instrumental, which accompanies braggadocious, self-assured bars from the headliner and guest emcee Lor Taj. An unknown director provides the official visuals, shot at various recognizable locations around Compton. Fans will be able to find this cut, the Booth-approved Resist and much more on forthcoming full-length The Six, scheduled for independent release August 6.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.