RETRO was born in Detroit and calls ATL home, but he takes just as much inspiration from the West Coast. In fact, the freshly-released How U Want It is a tribute to that region’s most eminent rap legend, Tupac Shakur. Chill works a vocal sample from similarly-titled classic How Do U Want It (part of ‘96’s All Eyez on Me LP) into his instrumental, which accompanies braggadocious, self-assured bars from the headliner and guest emcee Lor Taj. An unknown director provides the official visuals, shot at various recognizable locations around Compton. Fans will be able to find this cut, the Booth-approved Resist and much more on forthcoming full-length The Six, scheduled for independent release August 6.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.