RETRO was born in Detroit and calls ATL home, but he takes just as much inspiration from the West Coast. In fact, the freshly-released How U Want It is a tribute to that region’s most eminent rap legend, Tupac Shakur. Chill works a vocal sample from similarly-titled classic How Do U Want It (part of ‘96’s All Eyez on Me LP) into his instrumental, which accompanies braggadocious, self-assured bars from the headliner and guest emcee Lor Taj. An unknown director provides the official visuals, shot at various recognizable locations around Compton. Fans will be able to find this cut, the Booth-approved Resist and much more on forthcoming full-length The Six, scheduled for independent release August 6.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.