RETRO was born in Detroit and calls ATL home, but he takes just as much inspiration from the West Coast. In fact, the freshly-released How U Want It is a tribute to that region’s most eminent rap legend, Tupac Shakur. Chill works a vocal sample from similarly-titled classic How Do U Want It (part of ‘96’s All Eyez on Me LP) into his instrumental, which accompanies braggadocious, self-assured bars from the headliner and guest emcee Lor Taj. An unknown director provides the official visuals, shot at various recognizable locations around Compton. Fans will be able to find this cut, the Booth-approved Resist and much more on forthcoming full-length The Six, scheduled for independent release August 6.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.