RETRO was born in Detroit and calls ATL home, but he takes just as much inspiration from the West Coast. In fact, the freshly-released How U Want It is a tribute to that region’s most eminent rap legend, Tupac Shakur. Chill works a vocal sample from similarly-titled classic How Do U Want It (part of ‘96’s All Eyez on Me LP) into his instrumental, which accompanies braggadocious, self-assured bars from the headliner and guest emcee Lor Taj. An unknown director provides the official visuals, shot at various recognizable locations around Compton. Fans will be able to find this cut, the Booth-approved Resist and much more on forthcoming full-length The Six, scheduled for independent release August 6.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
Meticulous Sound Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.