Writing a sequel to Reservoir Dogs would be like writing a sequel to Hamlet; pretty much everyone’s dead, so where do you go from there? Though, now that I think about it, I would be among the first in line to see The Continuing Adventures of Mr. Pink... Tarantino, are you listening? In any case, new single 4 Shades suggests that these Reservoir Dogs are less interested in planning heists than in rocking those sharp “all black everything” outfits – and can you blame ‘em? Backed by the stark synth boardwork of Mell & D, Bronx veteran Chaundon, North Carolina native Joe Scudda, Booth newcomer Jozeemo and Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh wax poetic about their timelessly fly getups, as well as their unshakable commitment to lyricism and authenticity: “I do it for the culture, do it for respect, do it for the competition n*ggas can’t check.” Does this cinematically-inspired jam leave you yearning for more stylishly dope new tunes? Then keep it locked for the latest on Reservoir Dogs 2… and We Brought Friends , set to hit the net “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/24/10
Hall of Justus
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)