Writing a sequel to Reservoir Dogs would be like writing a sequel to Hamlet; pretty much everyone’s dead, so where do you go from there? Though, now that I think about it, I would be among the first in line to see The Continuing Adventures of Mr. Pink... Tarantino, are you listening? In any case, new single 4 Shades suggests that these Reservoir Dogs are less interested in planning heists than in rocking those sharp “all black everything” outfits – and can you blame ‘em? Backed by the stark synth boardwork of Mell & D, Bronx veteran Chaundon, North Carolina native Joe Scudda, Booth newcomer Jozeemo and Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh wax poetic about their timelessly fly getups, as well as their unshakable commitment to lyricism and authenticity: “I do it for the culture, do it for respect, do it for the competition n*ggas can’t check.” Does this cinematically-inspired jam leave you yearning for more stylishly dope new tunes? Then keep it locked for the latest on Reservoir Dogs 2… and We Brought Friends , set to hit the net “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/24/10
Hall of Justus
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.