Writing a sequel to Reservoir Dogs would be like writing a sequel to Hamlet; pretty much everyone’s dead, so where do you go from there? Though, now that I think about it, I would be among the first in line to see The Continuing Adventures of Mr. Pink... Tarantino, are you listening? In any case, new single 4 Shades suggests that these Reservoir Dogs are less interested in planning heists than in rocking those sharp “all black everything” outfits – and can you blame ‘em? Backed by the stark synth boardwork of Mell & D, Bronx veteran Chaundon, North Carolina native Joe Scudda, Booth newcomer Jozeemo and Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh wax poetic about their timelessly fly getups, as well as their unshakable commitment to lyricism and authenticity: “I do it for the culture, do it for respect, do it for the competition n*ggas can’t check.” Does this cinematically-inspired jam leave you yearning for more stylishly dope new tunes? Then keep it locked for the latest on Reservoir Dogs 2… and We Brought Friends , set to hit the net “soon.”
Written by richard on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
Hall of Justus
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.