A member of World’s Fair, the Queens hip-hop collective who brought us Sick Rapping Bro last May, Remy Banks returns to make his DJBooth debut as a headliner with freshly-minted promo cut GLDCHN. On this street-ready selection, beatsmith Milo‘s thumping rhythm section and dissonant, sampled flourishes back swagger-drenched bars from the Queensbridge rhymesayer and Spanish Harlem-repping guest Bodega BAMZ. Director Luke Monaghan provides a comedic official visual set in the streets of Los Angeles. While Banks doesn’t currently have any solo projects on the agenda, you can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from the Northeastern buzzmaker, both solo and on the collaborative tip.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.