Back in college, I had a roommate who would say, “Ohh Boy!” when something amazing happened either in a game of Madden or when watching real sports. While his exclamation was usually limited to those two events, I know he would have the same reaction to RemGee’s latest effort. Gee, a graduate of L.A.’s Sessions LA program, kicks it old school over his own no-nonsense, throwback production, driven by a clamoring snare and chopped vocal sample. Atop the beat, the artist showcases an energetic, tenacious flow that gives this song an old-school vibe. If Ohh Boy had your flashing your O-face, then be sure to scoop up Rem’s The Process tape upon its release on May 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.