Back in college, I had a roommate who would say, “Ohh Boy!” when something amazing happened either in a game of Madden or when watching real sports. While his exclamation was usually limited to those two events, I know he would have the same reaction to RemGee’s latest effort. Gee, a graduate of L.A.’s Sessions LA program, kicks it old school over his own no-nonsense, throwback production, driven by a clamoring snare and chopped vocal sample. Atop the beat, the artist showcases an energetic, tenacious flow that gives this song an old-school vibe. If Ohh Boy had your flashing your O-face, then be sure to scoop up Rem’s The Process tape upon its release on May 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.