Back in college, I had a roommate who would say, “Ohh Boy!” when something amazing happened either in a game of Madden or when watching real sports. While his exclamation was usually limited to those two events, I know he would have the same reaction to RemGee’s latest effort. Gee, a graduate of L.A.’s Sessions LA program, kicks it old school over his own no-nonsense, throwback production, driven by a clamoring snare and chopped vocal sample. Atop the beat, the artist showcases an energetic, tenacious flow that gives this song an old-school vibe. If Ohh Boy had your flashing your O-face, then be sure to scoop up Rem’s The Process tape upon its release on May 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.