Back in college, I had a roommate who would say, “Ohh Boy!” when something amazing happened either in a game of Madden or when watching real sports. While his exclamation was usually limited to those two events, I know he would have the same reaction to RemGee’s latest effort. Gee, a graduate of L.A.’s Sessions LA program, kicks it old school over his own no-nonsense, throwback production, driven by a clamoring snare and chopped vocal sample. Atop the beat, the artist showcases an energetic, tenacious flow that gives this song an old-school vibe. If Ohh Boy had your flashing your O-face, then be sure to scoop up Rem’s The Process tape upon its release on May 30.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/2/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.