A few weeks ago, I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kill the infection. While the medication helped fix my sickness, I didn’t feel like myself; I had severe stomach pains and I felt tired throughout the day. Those were just antibiotics; I can only imagine what it might feel like to take anti-depressants, which are known to present a ghastly amount of sour side effects. On Scripts, the latest from producer/emcee duo Remains, listeners are given an inside look into what it’s like to be faced with a tough dilemma; do you take the pills and potentially lose who you are or do you refuse them and risk never getting better? While the subject matter is heavy, the Booth newcomers do a great job of keeping the energy high. Remains’ beatsmith, Lightfoot, crafts a quirky beat, driven by a xylophone-sounding riff that complements emcee Andrew Milcia’s charismatic, personable flow. With said flow, Andrew really lets his guard down. While that can’t be easy, he does a commendable job of being genuine and passionate, which allows us to really get to know him as more than an emcee. Scripts can be found on Remains’ newly-released EI8HTY SE7EN EP.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.