A few weeks ago, I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kill the infection. While the medication helped fix my sickness, I didn’t feel like myself; I had severe stomach pains and I felt tired throughout the day. Those were just antibiotics; I can only imagine what it might feel like to take anti-depressants, which are known to present a ghastly amount of sour side effects. On Scripts, the latest from producer/emcee duo Remains, listeners are given an inside look into what it’s like to be faced with a tough dilemma; do you take the pills and potentially lose who you are or do you refuse them and risk never getting better? While the subject matter is heavy, the Booth newcomers do a great job of keeping the energy high. Remains’ beatsmith, Lightfoot, crafts a quirky beat, driven by a xylophone-sounding riff that complements emcee Andrew Milcia’s charismatic, personable flow. With said flow, Andrew really lets his guard down. While that can’t be easy, he does a commendable job of being genuine and passionate, which allows us to really get to know him as more than an emcee. Scripts can be found on Remains’ newly-released EI8HTY SE7EN EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)