A few weeks ago, I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kill the infection. While the medication helped fix my sickness, I didn’t feel like myself; I had severe stomach pains and I felt tired throughout the day. Those were just antibiotics; I can only imagine what it might feel like to take anti-depressants, which are known to present a ghastly amount of sour side effects. On Scripts, the latest from producer/emcee duo Remains, listeners are given an inside look into what it’s like to be faced with a tough dilemma; do you take the pills and potentially lose who you are or do you refuse them and risk never getting better? While the subject matter is heavy, the Booth newcomers do a great job of keeping the energy high. Remains’ beatsmith, Lightfoot, crafts a quirky beat, driven by a xylophone-sounding riff that complements emcee Andrew Milcia’s charismatic, personable flow. With said flow, Andrew really lets his guard down. While that can’t be easy, he does a commendable job of being genuine and passionate, which allows us to really get to know him as more than an emcee. Scripts can be found on Remains’ newly-released EI8HTY SE7EN EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.