A few weeks ago, I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kill the infection. While the medication helped fix my sickness, I didn’t feel like myself; I had severe stomach pains and I felt tired throughout the day. Those were just antibiotics; I can only imagine what it might feel like to take anti-depressants, which are known to present a ghastly amount of sour side effects. On Scripts, the latest from producer/emcee duo Remains, listeners are given an inside look into what it’s like to be faced with a tough dilemma; do you take the pills and potentially lose who you are or do you refuse them and risk never getting better? While the subject matter is heavy, the Booth newcomers do a great job of keeping the energy high. Remains’ beatsmith, Lightfoot, crafts a quirky beat, driven by a xylophone-sounding riff that complements emcee Andrew Milcia’s charismatic, personable flow. With said flow, Andrew really lets his guard down. While that can’t be easy, he does a commendable job of being genuine and passionate, which allows us to really get to know him as more than an emcee. Scripts can be found on Remains’ newly-released EI8HTY SE7EN EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.