A few weeks ago, I came down with a pretty bad chest cold and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic to kill the infection. While the medication helped fix my sickness, I didn’t feel like myself; I had severe stomach pains and I felt tired throughout the day. Those were just antibiotics; I can only imagine what it might feel like to take anti-depressants, which are known to present a ghastly amount of sour side effects. On Scripts, the latest from producer/emcee duo Remains, listeners are given an inside look into what it’s like to be faced with a tough dilemma; do you take the pills and potentially lose who you are or do you refuse them and risk never getting better? While the subject matter is heavy, the Booth newcomers do a great job of keeping the energy high. Remains’ beatsmith, Lightfoot, crafts a quirky beat, driven by a xylophone-sounding riff that complements emcee Andrew Milcia’s charismatic, personable flow. With said flow, Andrew really lets his guard down. While that can’t be easy, he does a commendable job of being genuine and passionate, which allows us to really get to know him as more than an emcee. Scripts can be found on Remains’ newly-released EI8HTY SE7EN EP.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.