When Remains introduced themselves to the Booth with July 2013’s Scripts, the East Coast duo’s combo of tuneful production and earnest rhymes earned them positive feedback on our pages. Since they had such a good thing going, fans might be worried by the announcement that they’ve got a New Focus. Hit play on their latest promo single, however, and all your doubts will be put to rest. Lightfoot‘s boardwork, driven by boom-bap percussion and interlocking synth/bell parts, feels like a even more infectious evolution of what came before, and emcee Andrew Milicia rocks the mic with renewed passion and exuberance. In their own words, it’s the “same as the old, but it’s been updated.” New Focus is part of a series of loosies the group plans to release before beginning to drop singles off its next album, Darkly. As always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.