When Remains introduced themselves to the Booth with July 2013’s Scripts, the East Coast duo’s combo of tuneful production and earnest rhymes earned them positive feedback on our pages. Since they had such a good thing going, fans might be worried by the announcement that they’ve got a New Focus. Hit play on their latest promo single, however, and all your doubts will be put to rest. Lightfoot‘s boardwork, driven by boom-bap percussion and interlocking synth/bell parts, feels like a even more infectious evolution of what came before, and emcee Andrew Milicia rocks the mic with renewed passion and exuberance. In their own words, it’s the “same as the old, but it’s been updated.” New Focus is part of a series of loosies the group plans to release before beginning to drop singles off its next album, Darkly. As always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.