When Remains introduced themselves to the Booth with July 2013’s Scripts, the East Coast duo’s combo of tuneful production and earnest rhymes earned them positive feedback on our pages. Since they had such a good thing going, fans might be worried by the announcement that they’ve got a New Focus. Hit play on their latest promo single, however, and all your doubts will be put to rest. Lightfoot‘s boardwork, driven by boom-bap percussion and interlocking synth/bell parts, feels like a even more infectious evolution of what came before, and emcee Andrew Milicia rocks the mic with renewed passion and exuberance. In their own words, it’s the “same as the old, but it’s been updated.” New Focus is part of a series of loosies the group plans to release before beginning to drop singles off its next album, Darkly. As always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.