When Remains introduced themselves to the Booth with July 2013’s Scripts, the East Coast duo’s combo of tuneful production and earnest rhymes earned them positive feedback on our pages. Since they had such a good thing going, fans might be worried by the announcement that they’ve got a New Focus. Hit play on their latest promo single, however, and all your doubts will be put to rest. Lightfoot‘s boardwork, driven by boom-bap percussion and interlocking synth/bell parts, feels like a even more infectious evolution of what came before, and emcee Andrew Milicia rocks the mic with renewed passion and exuberance. In their own words, it’s the “same as the old, but it’s been updated.” New Focus is part of a series of loosies the group plans to release before beginning to drop singles off its next album, Darkly. As always, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.