I hate mornings and everything they stand for, so when someone says “Good Morning,” I die a little inside; nothing about waking up early is enjoyable. If I was greeted with dope hip-hop from, say, Remains, however, I’d be up at the crack of dawn every day… maybe. The duo, made up of Lightfoot (the producer) and Andrew Milicia (the emcee), are joined by Fran-P on their latest single. With some clever bars (bonus points for the Mighty Ducks reference!) and a jazzy, chiming beat, this record gives listeners all the nutrients they’ll need to start the day off on the right foot. For more from Remains, check out their last feature, February’s New Focus.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.