When you get to a point of smoking so much, so often, you start to blur the lines between sober reality and your altered state. On the latest promo single from Booth newcomer and NYC native Relly Snow, I’m Not High, you might guess that he’s well on his way to that stage. But can you really be mad at him for sharing the high times he’s had with Mariah Carey, in his Bape and mink hat? Okay, maybe he doesn’t own a mink hat, nor was Mariah Carey anywhere near, but you don’t have to go and kill his high like that. Lucky for us, listeners, there’s no need for a certain substance rolled up, as Relly often has on deck, to be slightly disoriented by the contrast of the aquatic, Auto-Tuned chorus swirled into the unrelenting hi-hat. Stay tuned to see if this green-friendly track lands on a future project from Snow (not to be confused with Snow.)
Written by Bryan H on 04/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Darling Indighost" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.