Once upon a time, you could buy an ice cream sundae for a nickel. Today, of course, that figure’s off by a few orders of magnitude—and the discrepancy is growing. On new single 1K, making its world premiere in the Booth, NYC buzzmaker Relly Snow reminds us to be mindful of inflation as we hustle for that paper: “A thousand the new hundred, twenties the new ones.” The Darling Indighost emcee isn’t going to have any trouble keeping up, judging by the passion and drive he showcases over Marcus King‘s cavernous electronic boardwork. 1K is the first single off Fortune, an upcoming album that will be released as three separate three-track EPs. The EPs will drop on a monthly basis, beginning with the arrival of Gold in “a week or two.”
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Not High" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.