Boston phenom REKS has never been shy about his affinity for the Black Power movement; in fact, he’s at his best when spitting bars with a aggressively political edge. Thus, it’s easy to imagine the passion and fire he’ll bring to a joint named after Marcus Garvey, a Jamaican political icon associated with Black Nationalism and Pan-Africanism. Over project collaborator Hazardis Soundz‘s gritty, yet soulful street boardwork, the Brick Records signee delivers bars that drip with revolutionary fervor. Empire State reppers N.O.R.E. and Saigon contribute a pair of similarly bracing guest 16s. Eyes Watching God is scheduled for release next Tuesday, July 15, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the project the preceding Monday, when it hits The DJBooth for exclusive streaming.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.