Boston phenom REKS has never been shy about his affinity for the Black Power movement; in fact, he’s at his best when spitting bars with a aggressively political edge. Thus, it’s easy to imagine the passion and fire he’ll bring to a joint named after Marcus Garvey, a Jamaican political icon associated with Black Nationalism and Pan-Africanism. Over project collaborator Hazardis Soundz‘s gritty, yet soulful street boardwork, the Brick Records signee delivers bars that drip with revolutionary fervor. Empire State reppers N.O.R.E. and Saigon contribute a pair of similarly bracing guest 16s. Eyes Watching God is scheduled for release next Tuesday, July 15, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the project the preceding Monday, when it hits The DJBooth for exclusive streaming.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)