Boston phenom REKS has never been shy about his affinity for the Black Power movement; in fact, he’s at his best when spitting bars with a aggressively political edge. Thus, it’s easy to imagine the passion and fire he’ll bring to a joint named after Marcus Garvey, a Jamaican political icon associated with Black Nationalism and Pan-Africanism. Over project collaborator Hazardis Soundz‘s gritty, yet soulful street boardwork, the Brick Records signee delivers bars that drip with revolutionary fervor. Empire State reppers N.O.R.E. and Saigon contribute a pair of similarly bracing guest 16s. Eyes Watching God is scheduled for release next Tuesday, July 15, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek at the project the preceding Monday, when it hits The DJBooth for exclusive streaming.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.