On their upcoming collaborative full-length, Boston rhymesayer REKS and producer Hazardis Soundz will offer their take on the classic conflict between good and evil, dedicating one “side” of the project to God and the other to the Devil. As for lead single Unholy, I think you can guess from the title which side it falls on. This diabolical street banger finds REKS coming together with Fredro Starr and Ruste Juxx to lyrically depict a bullet-riddled urban hellscape. Hazardous backs their bars with a tense mix of syncopated keys, midtempo percussion and brash horns. Eyes Watching God is slated to drop July 15. In the meantime, fans can still cop prelude mixtape All Eyes on REKS for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Since time immemorial, the battle between good and evil has been a powerful source of inspiration for art, literature and music. On his new album, a collaboration with Queens beatsmith Hazardis Soundz, REKS offers his own...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.