On their upcoming collaborative full-length, Boston rhymesayer REKS and producer Hazardis Soundz will offer their take on the classic conflict between good and evil, dedicating one “side” of the project to God and the other to the Devil. As for lead single Unholy, I think you can guess from the title which side it falls on. This diabolical street banger finds REKS coming together with Fredro Starr and Ruste Juxx to lyrically depict a bullet-riddled urban hellscape. Hazardous backs their bars with a tense mix of syncopated keys, midtempo percussion and brash horns. Eyes Watching God is slated to drop July 15. In the meantime, fans can still cop prelude mixtape All Eyes on REKS for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.