On their upcoming collaborative full-length, Boston rhymesayer REKS and producer Hazardis Soundz will offer their take on the classic conflict between good and evil, dedicating one “side” of the project to God and the other to the Devil. As for lead single Unholy, I think you can guess from the title which side it falls on. This diabolical street banger finds REKS coming together with Fredro Starr and Ruste Juxx to lyrically depict a bullet-riddled urban hellscape. Hazardous backs their bars with a tense mix of syncopated keys, midtempo percussion and brash horns. Eyes Watching God is slated to drop July 15. In the meantime, fans can still cop prelude mixtape All Eyes on REKS for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Since time immemorial, the battle between good and evil has been a powerful source of inspiration for art, literature and music. On his new album, a collaboration with Queens beatsmith Hazardis Soundz, REKS offers his own...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)