If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s the scolding I got from my moms whenever I pointed out something I thought needed to be said, but was considered to be in the realm of things faux pas. Well my moms definitely won’t be pleased with Boston based emcee REKS, who’s determined to get some things off his chest with his latest record, This or That, a call-out to everything (and everyone) that has been bothering him lately. While consummate sampler and Showoff head honcho Statik Selektah mans the boards with a nod-inducing beat, REKS gives the music industry a piece of his mind on their current situation. From R. Kelly’s fallout to hipster-hop and Lil Wayne to Bow Wow, the King Supreme spares no one from the force of his lyrical hurricane. If you liked the microphone devastation currently swirling through your headphones, be sure to keep an eye out for the release date of REKS’ latest project, Rhymatic Eternal King Supreme (Teaser EP), which currently has no release date.
Written by Sigurd on 09/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.