If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s the scolding I got from my moms whenever I pointed out something I thought needed to be said, but was considered to be in the realm of things faux pas. Well my moms definitely won’t be pleased with Boston based emcee REKS, who’s determined to get some things off his chest with his latest record, This or That, a call-out to everything (and everyone) that has been bothering him lately. While consummate sampler and Showoff head honcho Statik Selektah mans the boards with a nod-inducing beat, REKS gives the music industry a piece of his mind on their current situation. From R. Kelly’s fallout to hipster-hop and Lil Wayne to Bow Wow, the King Supreme spares no one from the force of his lyrical hurricane. If you liked the microphone devastation currently swirling through your headphones, be sure to keep an eye out for the release date of REKS’ latest project, Rhymatic Eternal King Supreme (Teaser EP), which currently has no release date.
Written by Sigurd on 09/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.