If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s the scolding I got from my moms whenever I pointed out something I thought needed to be said, but was considered to be in the realm of things faux pas. Well my moms definitely won’t be pleased with Boston based emcee REKS, who’s determined to get some things off his chest with his latest record, This or That, a call-out to everything (and everyone) that has been bothering him lately. While consummate sampler and Showoff head honcho Statik Selektah mans the boards with a nod-inducing beat, REKS gives the music industry a piece of his mind on their current situation. From R. Kelly’s fallout to hipster-hop and Lil Wayne to Bow Wow, the King Supreme spares no one from the force of his lyrical hurricane. If you liked the microphone devastation currently swirling through your headphones, be sure to keep an eye out for the release date of REKS’ latest project, Rhymatic Eternal King Supreme (Teaser EP), which currently has no release date.
Written by Sigurd on 09/7/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.