In July of ‘08, Boston’s REKS released his sophomore album, Grey Hairs, a vivid description of the emcee as an old soul in hip-hop’s ever-changing landscape. After watching the LP win accolades from the underground/independent hip-hop community, REKS has decided that he wants to do it again – his third album, More Grey Hairs, is scheduled to drop this coming March. Following the lyrically-driven System he established in his previous work, the emcee fires on all cylinders, discussing his hopes for integrity’s return to the game over a brass-heavy beat by DJ GI Joe. Though REKS’ Grey-Haired ruminations are music to the ears of devoted hip-hop heads, here’s hoping the fresh talent debuting in ‘09 will reassure the emcee as to the state of the industry.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.