In July of ‘08, Boston’s REKS released his sophomore album, Grey Hairs, a vivid description of the emcee as an old soul in hip-hop’s ever-changing landscape. After watching the LP win accolades from the underground/independent hip-hop community, REKS has decided that he wants to do it again – his third album, More Grey Hairs, is scheduled to drop this coming March. Following the lyrically-driven System he established in his previous work, the emcee fires on all cylinders, discussing his hopes for integrity’s return to the game over a brass-heavy beat by DJ GI Joe. Though REKS’ Grey-Haired ruminations are music to the ears of devoted hip-hop heads, here’s hoping the fresh talent debuting in ‘09 will reassure the emcee as to the state of the industry.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)