In July of ‘08, Boston’s REKS released his sophomore album, Grey Hairs, a vivid description of the emcee as an old soul in hip-hop’s ever-changing landscape. After watching the LP win accolades from the underground/independent hip-hop community, REKS has decided that he wants to do it again – his third album, More Grey Hairs, is scheduled to drop this coming March. Following the lyrically-driven System he established in his previous work, the emcee fires on all cylinders, discussing his hopes for integrity’s return to the game over a brass-heavy beat by DJ GI Joe. Though REKS’ Grey-Haired ruminations are music to the ears of devoted hip-hop heads, here’s hoping the fresh talent debuting in ‘09 will reassure the emcee as to the state of the industry.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.