In July of ‘08, Boston’s REKS released his sophomore album, Grey Hairs, a vivid description of the emcee as an old soul in hip-hop’s ever-changing landscape. After watching the LP win accolades from the underground/independent hip-hop community, REKS has decided that he wants to do it again – his third album, More Grey Hairs, is scheduled to drop this coming March. Following the lyrically-driven System he established in his previous work, the emcee fires on all cylinders, discussing his hopes for integrity’s return to the game over a brass-heavy beat by DJ GI Joe. Though REKS’ Grey-Haired ruminations are music to the ears of devoted hip-hop heads, here’s hoping the fresh talent debuting in ‘09 will reassure the emcee as to the state of the industry.
Listen to More: REKS Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.