In July of ‘08, Boston’s REKS released his sophomore album, Grey Hairs, a vivid description of the emcee as an old soul in hip-hop’s ever-changing landscape. After watching the LP win accolades from the underground/independent hip-hop community, REKS has decided that he wants to do it again – his third album, More Grey Hairs, is scheduled to drop this coming March. Following the lyrically-driven System he established in his previous work, the emcee fires on all cylinders, discussing his hopes for integrity’s return to the game over a brass-heavy beat by DJ GI Joe. Though REKS’ Grey-Haired ruminations are music to the ears of devoted hip-hop heads, here’s hoping the fresh talent debuting in ‘09 will reassure the emcee as to the state of the industry.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.