We all need to blow off a little steam now and then… some of us just build up steam a little more than others. Just one short week after dropping the blistering Pray for You, Boston underground mainstay REKS is ready to blow his top once again, so he’s hooked up with two kindred spirits to vent that excess aggression on new mixtape leak (and Booth-exclusive world premiere) Get Rowdy. The Bassheadz live up to their name on the production tip, cooking up a hard-nosed beat with a killer synth-bassline as the headliner warns wack emcees to get out of his way or risk being eaten alive. On the middle, recent Booth interviewee Sha Stimuli shows off his dizzying rhyme schemes (“Stimuli – stands for something, I’m like an acronym / A pastor in a bastard packaging.”), and Reef the Lost Cauze ends the cut on a allusive note, referencing everything from The Boy in the Plastic Bubble to Ponderosa Steakhouse in his hard-hitting final 16. Craving more lyrical carnage? That’s exactly what you’ll find on REKS’ In Between Tha Lines 2 LP, scheduled to drop November 23.
Written by richard on 11/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.