In addition to being one of the most talented underground emcees in the game, REKS is also a loving dad. Today, on a Father’s Day-themed promo single, the Boston emcee lets his children know just how Proud he is of the young adults they’re growing into. Joining the headliner over Hazardis Soundz’ piano-led production, Red Pages contributes a guest hook. Though this joint isn’t attached to any project, those feeling it can keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest from the Showoff Records rhymesayer and his forthcoming Rebelutionary LP with Numonics (set for release on 7/24).
Written by richard on 06/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.