As talented as he is as a rapper, REKS is also pretty selfish. The Massachusetts native was featured at DJBooth on a whopping 30 songs in 2012, and now just eight days into the new year, REKS is back with Judas. Picking up where he left off before the calender turned a page, Judas finds the Showoff emcee bodying a haunting, piano-centered beat from Booth regular Lee Bannon. REKS murders the beat with a edgy flow and on-point delivery, discussing the fakes and two-faced “friends” who are trying to benefit from the emcee’s hard work. Judas is the first single from REKS’ forthcoming project, Revolution Cocktail, which features additional production from Hazardis Soundz, MoSS, Numonics and Statik Selektah among others and will available via iTunes on
January 22 February 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view REKS’ Giancarlo Loffredo-directed Judas visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.