As talented as he is as a rapper, REKS is also pretty selfish. The Massachusetts native was featured at DJBooth on a whopping 30 songs in 2012, and now just eight days into the new year, REKS is back with Judas. Picking up where he left off before the calender turned a page, Judas finds the Showoff emcee bodying a haunting, piano-centered beat from Booth regular Lee Bannon. REKS murders the beat with a edgy flow and on-point delivery, discussing the fakes and two-faced “friends” who are trying to benefit from the emcee’s hard work. Judas is the first single from REKS’ forthcoming project, Revolution Cocktail, which features additional production from Hazardis Soundz, MoSS, Numonics and Statik Selektah among others and will available via iTunes on
January 22 February 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view REKS’ Giancarlo Loffredo-directed Judas visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.