As talented as he is as a rapper, REKS is also pretty selfish. The Massachusetts native was featured at DJBooth on a whopping 30 songs in 2012, and now just eight days into the new year, REKS is back with Judas. Picking up where he left off before the calender turned a page, Judas finds the Showoff emcee bodying a haunting, piano-centered beat from Booth regular Lee Bannon. REKS murders the beat with a edgy flow and on-point delivery, discussing the fakes and two-faced “friends” who are trying to benefit from the emcee’s hard work. Judas is the first single from REKS’ forthcoming project, Revolution Cocktail, which features additional production from Hazardis Soundz, MoSS, Numonics and Statik Selektah among others and will available via iTunes on
January 22 February 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view REKS’ Giancarlo Loffredo-directed Judas visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)