As talented as he is as a rapper, REKS is also pretty selfish. The Massachusetts native was featured at DJBooth on a whopping 30 songs in 2012, and now just eight days into the new year, REKS is back with Judas. Picking up where he left off before the calender turned a page, Judas finds the Showoff emcee bodying a haunting, piano-centered beat from Booth regular Lee Bannon. REKS murders the beat with a edgy flow and on-point delivery, discussing the fakes and two-faced “friends” who are trying to benefit from the emcee’s hard work. Judas is the first single from REKS’ forthcoming project, Revolution Cocktail, which features additional production from Hazardis Soundz, MoSS, Numonics and Statik Selektah among others and will available via iTunes on
January 22 February 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view REKS’ Giancarlo Loffredo-directed Judas visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.